9.09.2009

6. WHY?!

*Shoutouts to my residents B.Carter and Erin .. as requested ;)

So... school is beginning to be in FULL EFFECT (I have tests next week...whattt?) and the weather is getting cold ALREADY (I am really not feeling it...Damn D.C.) but I am alive and healthy (I MUST avoid catching anything from ANYONE. Swine Flu is not cute) so I can't complain too much.

I must start blogging more -- forsure. A few people have told me they liked what they read and would love to see more, so I really want to gain a following on here. You never where this could take me.

As I peer out of my window upon the rainy day and wait for my DC Cuisine - another name for Chinese Carry-Out - I randomly started thinking...

Topic:: How Long Is Long Enough?

Ok... I'm going to just jump straight to the point...

WHY is it that a guy will meet a girl - a girl that's nice, caring, intelligent, whom they find attractive... everything they say they're looking for - and then play her life and never just put her on? I mean I understand guys, and girls, don't like being tied down into relationships... (I mean hey, even I'll admit it's awkwardly thrilling to work the game and have options) But forreal?

I mean maybe this is something I feel is extremely prevalent at Howard University, but I feel as if I see the same trends of people who had some form of relations early into coming to Howard University STILL just skimming by without any titles, definition, or clarification of what's going on between the two of them. So many times I have conversations with friends and the typical "So what's going on between you and @#!$%&" comes up followed by either the eye roll, shrug, or sigh that accompanies the ever-so bleak "Ggiirrlll, i don't know."

One question:: "WHY?"

I feel as if you can go years with having feelings for someone that something needs to be done about it. No pressure, of course, don't rush into things, but what's the point of liking someone and never saying anything? There's only so long of a period of time that you will both be in college and have opportunities to work on the course of the relationship the two of you could potentially have. And personally, if I like someone for that long it's clearly something. I'm the type to like you one day and wake up the next and totally see things in a different light.

Is it fear of giving up all the games and chase? I feel like after so long you should get tired of all of that and should realize that you have such a great guy, or girl, in front of you. If that person has shown you their dependability, been there for you at your worst, and you know that they honestly care for you, what else is there to look for? Why are you still searching when you have something so great and hard to find in front of you? It's difficult for me to come upon people that I really connect with past a physical attraction level and happen to find dependable and trustworthy, so if I were to be in the situation, I feel like I would really want to give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?


I just feel like to much pressure is put on the title of Boyfriend // Girlfriend. Once again, Why?


"Boy you can put me on you like a brand new white tee
I'll hug your body tighter than my favorite jeans.
I want you to caress me like a tropical breeze
And float away with you in the Caribbean Sea..."
-M.Carey

--Just a thought as always, C.LO :)

3 comments:

  1. i feel like there's so much pressure on "finding a bf in college" and that's where ppl go wrong. The percentage of males to females at HU is soo slim...what boy WOULD wanna b with just one girl?
    Try not to think about it and dwell upon it so much..A boy/relationship will come to u when ur least thinking about it...
    and boys can never be understood by us. it's a waste of time to even question their antics and why they do such things..

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and yea..i do agree w/ what u were sayin...I just realized my comment wasnt really addressing what u were tlking about specifically lol i think it's not just the boy though..it's the girl too. So many girls are so excited when they have a boy interested in them that they'll take whatever and not even put any type of emphasis or pressure on being actually committed. I myself would never kiss, be all hugged up with, sexin, or w/e with any boy UNLESS we had a clear understand that he is my bf and i'm his gf...girls need to start respecting themselves more and stop setting themselves up to be taken advantage of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good look on the shout out. Love the blog by the way..

    ReplyDelete